Monday 26 March 2007

Hair today gone tomorrow!


The crop yesterday was great I seemed to get loads done! well 2 and a bit layouts which is loads for me with all the chatting we do at the crops. And even better one of the layouts was for the Disney album!
i have realised where i was going wrong with the disney layouts and why i was getting soo bored. It was because i was doing all of them in bazzill and if i had any to match disney paper i was adding a little of that. In other words i was limiting myself to afew options most of them being one plain colour!. Once i had realised this i did the next layout in BASIC grey blush and it looks fab. I really did need that inspiration to get me going again. it doesnt seem like much of an idea but anyone who has hundreds of pictures of the same day / thing you will know what i mean.
so give it a go add something that is not anything like you have been using be it a wedding album where you have gone cream crazy or holiday layouts that leave you feeling blue! add a diffrent colour or a mix of patterned paper you never know what you might come up with :D
With my minnie layout the orginal idea was to use well you guessed it red and white! Adding alittle blush pink heart paper it really adds that thing to what would have been a really flat page.


I cant believe its only 18 days till the Leicester retreat. Its gone so fast but at the minute im not panicking as I seem to have pretty much everything sorted out, im sure i cant say the same for afew other girlies that are going! One who will remain nameless hasnt even sorted out her PJ's for the pyjama party?!? Im not sure if she is planning on going in her birthday suit?? so i think i will have to buy some really awful ones that go down to her knees and are made with some horrid fabric just incase. You all know the ones i mean!!! So C*** you have been warned!

And on top of that its Easter! which means Easter bonnets to be made!
ive started on Jessica's, but it looks nothing like I had imagined? As for Jacks that's still in the thinking stage. So any ideas will be gratefully received :)
I really wonder which clever man (it had to be a man) thought - I know mums don't have enough to do, so lets start a new tradition were they have to make hats to stick on their kids heads. And just to make it more interesting we will get the mothers to be competitive about it by having a parade to see who is the best. arrrrr
see I told you it had to be a man!


Tonight is Jessica's first parents evening and I am little nervous. why? I have no idea as she is an angel. I know im her mum so I will always think that but even if I wasn't her mum id still think she was an angel im sure!
Maybe I should take a tape recorder so when I get back I can scrap every word! (or would that be going too far?)
That making that two things that need scrapping about today.
for all of you that don't know my two children , my son has the most fabulous hair! he looks like a little surfer dude, well he did look like that! me and Rob have been saying for weeks that Jack needs his hair cut as it was getting a little too long i.e. he looked like a girl!
So off I took him today to the barbers and predictably Jack screamed his head off all the way through the cut. With me pinning him in the seat. After what seemed like a life time he was all done, only im not sure where this woman was cutting the hair from but it certainly wasn't jacks head! it was just as long as when I went it, maybe even worse than before. After paying and walking around town for another 15 minutes I figured that it looked no different and that rob would never believe I had taken him. So rather than go back to the same hairdressers (honestly I couldn't face jack screaming on the way in there) I took him to a new one in hope that they would do a better job! and they did jack didn't scream once. Only trouble is it isn't only my purse after paying for two hair cuts that is lighter, jacks lost most of his hair! Really its all gone and I hate it!!! I know.... he actually looks like a boy now, it suits him and the hairdresser did a great job. BUT and its a big BUT he looks sooo grown up. In one hair cut he has gone from my little baby to a TODDLER!
I guess every mum goes through the he's not my baby any more mode but im just not quite ready for it.

No comments: