Friday 30 March 2007

TGI FRIDAY





well the title says it all really, today was my last day at work for the week and i am so glad it is over. YAY! meaning I get to spend the next few days at home chilling out. Well I say chilling out what I really mean is catching up on all the house work, washing and any other jobs that have been over looked during the last 4 days. Then maybe ill get some scrapping done! Or on the other hand should that be I get the scrapping done then catch up with the house work hee hee hee.
Jessica and I finally finished the Easter hat last night as you can see . I must say that I am really pleased with it even if I had slightly over looked the fact that once finished it needed to fit on her head and stay there. But that was nothing that a little bit of string couldn't fix ;). Jess made such a great job of stamping all the flowers to put round the brim I think I may make her chief of stamping in our house from now one.
I wonder how all your hats have been coming on so why not either pop a link to your hat picture in a reply thread or email me a picture and I will add the best ones on here.


As you can see I did have a go at the pencil lines sketch! It turned out just how I thought it would, I love the fact that all those spare letters I have had floating around in my stash have actually been used! You could use your spare ones up in the same way on either a school layout like I have done or on a book worm layout.
Doing the layout I cheated (if you can call it that) a little by stamping onto a piece of acetate that I placed over the picture. That way if I had gone wrong then I could have just replaced the acetate instead of the whole thing. I also used alot of scrap paper i had lying around to do the backing of the picture. So all in all a really cheap and cheerful layout!

oh and look at me getting all clever adding pictures to my blog!
Have a good weekend all ttfn
na

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jessica looks lovely in her easter hat. Feel all inspired to start adams now.