Tuesday 10 April 2007

MOVING, MOVING, MOVING

Wow what a week! so much has been happening.
My mum finally got the keys to her new house last week, which meant we could finally agree a date for the big move, of her going into the new house and us moving into her old one. That now means that both houses are full of boxes. It is honestly a nightmare. I cant wait for it all to be over and for us both to be settled again. Or should that be having our stash to hand rather than behind or in boxes. arrrr so annoying.
I don't think you truly know how much of a horder you are until you move house, the amount of rubbish you keep hidden around it has amazed me. Mum did find some fabulous stuff in her loft including my first scrapbooks of sorts and even better a pair of cream shoes that I had when I was a bridesmaid for the first time. They are so cute!
Which got me thinking. I'm lucky that mum has the inability to throw anything away, Keeping it hidden in the loft for years. But with society being programmed to throw everything that even looks dirty or broken away are we taking these keepsakes away from our own children?
I know the key word to happiness in the home is minimalism and given the fact that we all seem to have little or no storage space (even though it is shoved down our throat every time we venture into a Ikea.) it is a difficult feat. But shouldn't we make space? keeping our children's first pair of shoes or first school pictures are something that I am sure most parents make space for. But what about the bigger things? you know the things I'm talking about.... that huge teddy that uncle Joe bought when baby was still the size of a peanut, the Wendy house that your daughter spent all summer cleaning, even the arm chair that you love to curl up in after work. You cant keep them forever can you? You would never make space for things like that.
So my answer? well its not that hard really. Walk around you house and take pictures of all those things now why they mean so much to you, before you move on to something else. Make space in your scrapbook to add few pages about these things alongside the birthday, wedding, Christmas pages that we scrap continually. And I am sure in years to come you will look back at those layouts with fondness and also give your children an insight to their childhood.
Only 3 days to go now until the retreat and I am sooo excited! I plan to spend tomorrow doing all my last minuet jobs so that come Friday I will be all sorted and ready for the off. I really cant wait to go its been hard work sorting it all out and at times a little trying but you want me to let you in on a secret? It must have been fun for the best part of it as I am already thinking of how I want the next one to go!!!! So much in fact that tomorrow I am off to talk to a man I know about sorting something out for it. I must be nuts or all that Easter chocolate has given me a sugar rush.
So that's enough waffling for now and oh before I forget!!! Jessica's Easter bonnet (the one I posted a picture of) well guess what!! It won. Major proud mummy moment. Making this year the second year we have won the Easter parade!! LMAO! I think I will go for the hat trick next year. and in the words of Jessie. AHHHAHAHAHA HAT TRICK! GET IT!! HAT TRICK AHAHAHAHAHAHA.

No comments: